If your home or business is damaged by fire, the cause of a fire is usually the first question on the mind of your insurance company. Your carrier will likely bring in a “cause and origin” expert to determine the cause of the fire and help them investigate if you have a valid claim.
Danahy & Murray, P.A. is well-versed in handling insurance claims which result from fire. Our Florida insurance dispute attorneys can provide you with the skillful and competent representation that helps resolve the claim with your insurance company.
Contact our Florida insurance law attorneys today to get started.
What to do After a Fire
Fires can cause serious damage and properly filing a claim can be a hassle. However, by following a few simple steps and retaining the services of our experienced lawyers, you may be able to create a solid insurance case to get you compensation for your loss.
To properly prepare your insurance claim, make sure you do the following:
- Photograph the damage
- Do not completely repair the damage, but do enough to prevent further damage
- Report the damages to your insurance agent or agency as soon as possible
- Save receipts that reflect any work that you’ve done in an attempt to fix the problems
- Prepare for the insurance company’s claims adjuster’s visit and inspection of your property. Make sure that you have an extra copy of all documents involved in the claim, including receipts and photographs
- Document your claim and keep notes when you speak to your insurance agency
- Work with others, such as neighbors, who may have had the same problem and have reports or documentation of such problems. This can be used by your attorney to help win your case
- Find or request a copy of your insurance policy from your agent or your insurance company
Call a Firm with 150+ Years of Experience
At Danahy & Murray, P.A., our Florida insurance lawyers have recovered over $127 million for hundreds of clients in Florida. We are board-certified, award-winning, and belong to a number of prestigious organizations, all which helps us offer our clients knowledgeable advice and thorough representation, no matter how complicated your claim may be.