WATCH THIS VIDEO TO LEARN ABOUT OUR PRACTICE AND HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Danahy & Murray, P.A. is an insurance law firm that specifically handles a wide range of insurance-related disputed in Florida. Whether your claim involves a major insurance provider, construction company, or other wrongdoers, we can provide you with legal insight as you seek a full economic recovery.
Hail can cause visible and non-visible damages to your insured property. Hail can cause severe damage. Buildings, cars, crops, and other property are all vulnerable to hail damage.
In the last few years, there has been a significant increase in hailstorms and the damages caused as a result of these storms. One of the most significant types of hail claims results from roof damage. Most often this damage is identified from strike marks.
Fighting Against Insurance Bad Faith
In many instances, insurance companies will claim only part of the damage was a result of the hail damage versus normal wear and tear, manufacturing defects, and/or other effects. Many insurance companies outright refuse to pay for any storm damage. After a hailstorm, insurers will often attempt to deny, dispute, or delay valid claims for property damage.
Insurers may point to any number of excuses for failing to act in good faith:
- Arguing that pre-existing damage existed
- Claiming that poor construction or maintenance of the property contributed to the loss
- Blaming the damage on manufacturing defects
- Undervaluing the loss or damage to your residence
- Insisting that the damage requires minor repairs and not full replacement
- Refusing to pay for expenses related to repairs
- Arguing that less than 25% of the roof is damaged, negating a full roof replacement
If you have experienced any of these problems with your insurance company you need a Florida insurance claim attorney who can help you stand up to your insurer and get the compensation you deserve on your hail damage claim.
If you believe that your insurance company is denying your claim or underpaying your claim, contact our Florida insurance law attorneys so we can discuss your legal rights.